For ideas on how to recreate things you already have and turn them into something new, visit my other blog at recreaterecyclereside.blogspot.com
Voting
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
The excitement and invigoration you get from a simple hair cut
Today I chopped twelve inches off my hair. Yes a whole foot. Last time I chopped my hair it was on the day of high school graduation. I walked and then went home and had my mother chop my hair which then shocked my friends when I showed up at the "All Knight" party later that night. Today, four years later (yes it took me four years to grow a whole foot of hair), I had my amazing sister-in-law, Molly Jo, do the deed. It was the first time I had someone else other than my mom cut my hair in 22 years.
Upon making the appointment with Molly, I kept it a secret from my husband. Trent had been commenting every now and again about how he had never seen me in person with short hair and thought it would be "sassy" to see one day. So because I LOVE surprises, I kept my hair appointment a secret.
After making the brave journey to Molly's house, I headed to my mom's abode (where Trent works) and showed up to surprise him. The climactic expression I was hoping to get from him, I most definitely got. He did a double take, eyes got big, and jaw dropped. He loved it. "You look soooooo sophisticated, sassy, sexy, and spunky!" he said this over and over again (talk about alliteration). What a great surprise factor. It will take me a while to get use to now, but it will be a wonderful cut for the summer and it is a perfect change for me right now. I love the "newness" of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chelsi I didn't know you have a blog but I love it! Your hair looks AMAZING!! I'm getting mine cut on Friday but I don't think I'll be chopping of 12 inches sadly.
ReplyDeletelove, Heather (Hunsaker) McClellan
I saw this linker on facebook and just had to tell you I love your hair, it's super cute!
ReplyDeleteahhh!!! I love, love your hair!
ReplyDeletehoollllly fetch woman!!! ITS SO PRETTY!!! you look great!!! makes me want to chop mine! haha
ReplyDeleteOH!! I love your blog! Yeah!! I will be your devoted follower!!! You do look cute and sophisticated! What happened to my baby girl? She grew up and got married to a cute boy!! Ha Ha....I love you!
ReplyDeleteI think it's absolutely perfect!
ReplyDelete